Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Portrait Art Series: Drawing with Crayons

Portrait: Crayon Kalon

        When choosing the perfect medium for each of my portraits I like to go out on a limb sometimes and try something that I have never used before. In this particular case I chose to go with the handy old box of Crayola Crayons.
      
      When I first decided that I would use the crayons I was not sure of what it would look like when it was finished. So, I grabbed my box of Crayolas and set forth on my new adventure.
      One thing that I realised was that the crayons have a similar look and texture as color pencils. Nevertheless, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this new media. The crayon can be a very diverse and useful part of any artist's arsenal of mediums.

      The are many things that you can do to instill a love of art into our children. The following is a list of  activities that you can share with your children courtesy of Crayola.


Try these out and we hope you and your children enjoy yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment